- About Us
- Conflict of Interest Committees (COIC)
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Conflicts of Interest Management Unit
A conflict of interest (COI) exists when a member of the NYU Langone Medical Center community's (1) personal interests or outside activities influence, or appear to influence, his or her duty to the Medical Center; (2) ability to objectively promote the best interests of the organization is compromised by those other interests or activities; and/or (3) commitment to external activities (i.e. consulting) compromises his or her obligation to NYU and the Medical Center. Together with the Conflicts of Interest Management Unit (division of the Office of Compliance), this site addresses any questions you might have regarding potential conflict issues and the conflict review process as defined by the Medical Center's Policies on Conflict of Interest, Commitment and Consulting. By navigating through our FAQs, case studies, examples, and other resources, you'll be provided with the tools to:
- Become knowledgeable about the various kinds of conflicts relevant to Faculty, Researchers and the rest of the NYU Langone Medical Center community;
- Determine which policy applies to you;
- Know what to do if you think you have a conflict; and
- Identify additional Medical Center resources to get answers to your conflict questions.
Please visit us again to keep abreast of the latest updates.